Effective Solutions For Bird Control: Professional Services You Can Count On In Highland
August 15, 2023 - Pest Birds
When most people think of pests, they usually think of insects, spiders, or rodents that can cause problems. But birds are another pest that can create serious issues for property owners. This blog will help you learn more about pest control in Highland to tackle birds and what to do if they infest your commercial or residential property.
We’ll explain the signs to watch for that can indicate the presence of pest birds. We’ll also review the health risks they pose to people and the damage they can cause to your property. Keep reading to learn more about effective bird control with the pros at TrueShield Pest Control.
Signs Of A Pest Bird Infestation: Recognize The Presence Of Pest Birds
Unlike many other pests in our area, birds leave plenty of evidence around to alert you to their presence. Here are some of the signs indicating a problem with pest birds in Highland:
- The clearest sign of a problem is frequently seeing birds roosting on the roof or ledges
- You hear excessive bird noises, especially from young chicks around your property.
- You may notice debris from their nests and feathers on the ground.
- You find excessive bird droppings around your property, especially around the perimeter of the building.
- If the birds have gotten inside, you might notice strong smells from their droppings.
These signs can point to an infestation, which you should quickly address to avoid damage and health risks. Working with a company that provides bird pest control near you is the simplest and most effective way to eliminate them. Contact us today at TrueShield Pest Control to learn more about keeping pest birds away from your home.
Property Damage And Health Risks: Consequences Of A Bird Infestation
Pest birds can damage your property with their droppings. Bird droppings are acidic and can eat away at metal and stone and accelerate the aging of statues and structures. They can also damage your roof, air conditioning unit, ventilation system, and electrical equipment.
Droppings also endanger the health and well-being of your family, employees, and customers. Bird droppings frequently cause slip-and-fall accidents and can spread histoplasmosis and toxoplasmosis. Contact us today at TrueShield Pest Control for assistance with pest control for pigeons or other birds to protect your property and the people around you.
Effective Tips For Pest Bird Prevention: Keep Nuisance Birds At Bay
Prevention is the most effective bird control method available. Birds tend to stay around places that provide the food, water, and shelter they need, and the less hospitable you make your property, the better.
Here are some effective tips to keep problematic birds away:
- Keep gutters clean to prevent water pooling.
- Ensure trash cans that have secure lids.
- Pet food left outside can attract pest birds.
- Remove bird feeders and bird baths.
- Keep outdoor eating areas clean and remind people not to feed the birds.
- Fill any holes in the structure that may allow them access to the interior of your home or business.
Many pest birds consume insects such as ants and flies, so you should address any other pest infestations on your property that may attract birds. Contact TrueShield Pest Control today for help with bird control services and eliminating any other Highland pests on your property.
Sound Solutions For Bird Control: Expert Services You Can Count On
TrueShield Pest Control provides commercial and residential bird control solutions to protect your property, family, customers, and employees. Our pros know what it takes to get rid of problematic birds and keep them from returning. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Highland or request your free inspection.