Keep Ants Out Of Your Riverton Home With These Tips
June 15, 2022 - Ants
Ants are a nuisance, as they can cause damage to your home as well as contaminate your food supply. Some of them can also cause painful poisoning bites that are sometimes compared to a scorpion’s sting. If you find unusually large numbers of ants on your property, now is the time to determine what kind you are dealing with, learn about the different problems ants can cause in your home, and get educated on the different ant killer options out there for both DIY pest control and professional methods.
Unfortunately, ant problems in Riverton, Utah never really stop no matter the time of year. If you are faced with an ant problem, TrueShield Pest Control provides pest control in Riverton you can rely on to get rid of them safely and effectively.
Gross! What Kind Of Ant Is This?
There are many kinds of ants that could be invading your home and yard. They cause different types of damage and require different pest control methods, which means that proper identification is important. Here are some of the kinds of ants you might be dealing with:
- Carpenter ants dig tunnels into rotten or water-damaged wood, and can attack the structure of your home. It is important that you seek out professional carpenter ant pest control if this is the case, as they reproduce quickly and can cause significant issues.
- Odorous house ants are attracted to sticky and sweet foods and leftovers around your home, such as ice cream in the summer, honey or soda drips, or dirty garbage cans. They reproduce quickly and can be difficult to get rid of once they settle in your home.
- Sugar ants in Riverton are attracted to sweets and fruit. They are usually nocturnal so you might not see them during the day, only to wake up to an infestation in your kitchen.
- Velvety tree ants usually feast on rotten or water-damaged wood, but they can also attack people and pets with their painful bites. Do not attempt to get rid of velvety tree ants on your own.
- Pharaoh ants are light brown to transparent, and are very invasive. They are known to spread pathogens such as salmonella, staphylococcus, and streptococcus bacteria.
Ants may seem inoffensive at first, but they can cause serious problems, from damage to the structure of your home to painful bites, and they can even be vectors of transmission for dangerous pathogens. If you are looking for professional ant control in Riverton, TrueShield Pest Control can help you determine exactly what type of ant you are dealing with.
The Problems Indoor Ants Can Cause In Your Home
Indoor ants are a problem in homes because they can cause significant damage to the structure of your house. Because of it, you will want to immediately take care of water leaks and floods, as many ants are attracted to rotten and decaying wood. Ants can also contaminate your food supply. Store all food in sealed containers, and keep all garbage cans clean and emptied regularly. Some ants can also cause painful bites that have been likened to scorpion stings. Because ants reproduce quickly and can be difficult to exterminate, it is best to seek advice from a professional pest control company.
The Best Ant Killer Options For DIY Pest Control
There are many store-bought options for ant control such as bait, sprays, and traps, but unfortunately, these products are often limited in efficacy and rarely eliminate an entire infestation. If you are looking for effective and safe ant control in your house, a professional pest control company can best advise you based on your specific situation. There are many professional ant pest control options for you to choose from. The treatment will depend on the type of ant you are dealing with, how extensive the infestation is, and the reasons why they were attracted to your home in the first place.
Let The Professionals Handle Ant Infestations For You
Getting rid of ants can be tricky as many factors are involved in an infestation. If you are faced with a colony of ants in your home, let the professionals handle the issue for you. While some DIY pest control methods can be somewhat effective, ants reproduce quickly, and can quickly return after initial treatments if the source of the problem has not been addressed.
From wood-damaging carpenter ants to sugar-loving odorous ants or even dangerous Pharaoh and velvety tree ants, ants are a pest you do not want to let reproduce on your property. If you are faced with an ant problem, TrueShield Pest Control provides pest control in Riverton you can rely on to get rid of them safely and effectively.