The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Mouse Infestation In Your Idaho Falls Home
September 15, 2022 - Mice
Dealing with mice in your Idaho Falls home can be a nightmare, especially if you’re not sure how to start removing this pest. The best way to get rid of mice around your home is to reach out to Idaho Falls pest control for assistance and implement easy prevention steps.
How To Tell If It's Mice In Your Home
Infestations of mice can often start unnoticed or with very few signs that this pest has invaded your home. However, some early warning signs of mice that you can look out for indicate a mice problem might be lurking just out of sight:
- Gnaw marks or scratches appear on food packaging, furniture, baseboards, and around walls
- Nesting materials such as shredded paper found around your home
- An unpleasant odor starts to permeate your house
- Grease marks spotted on walls, cabinets, furniture, and flooring
- Visual sightings of a mouse or two occur
- You see mouse droppings or evidence of mouse urine around your home
Any of these signs indicate that it is time to look into ways to keep mice away – TrueShield Pest Control can help you with this process.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
You may know that mice are a dangerous, unhygienic pest, but you may not know that exposure to the many diseases mice carry can happen without you even touching this pest. As mice scavenge through your home, they will contaminate surfaces and food with their urine and feces; this puts you at risk for disease as you accidentally consume this food or touch surfaces where mice have had contact.
Additionally, both mouse droppings and urine can dry up and become airborne. As an infestation occurs in your home, more and more of these mouse waste products will become airborne and unknowingly expose you to mouse-carried diseases as you sit around and breathe in your home. Because of these dangers, you shouldn’t waste time contacting TrueShield Pest Control when you suspect an infestation is taking place.
The Best Way To Get The Mice Out Of Your House For Good
The best way to get rid of mice around your home is through professional mouse control and removal. Our team at TrueShield Pest Control dedicates themselves to helping you eradicate this pest from your home. With our thorough inspections, tailored mouse control solutions, and expert customer service, your mouse infestation will be taken care of in no time, and you can safely relax in your home once again.
How To Prevent Future Mouse Infestations In Your Home
In addition to assistance from TrueShield Pest Control, you can implement these easy prevention steps to prevent future mouse problems:
- Seal cracks around windows, doors, and your home’s foundation to stop mice from invading.
- Refrain from leaving out food, drinks, spills, and dirty dishes, as these elements attract hungry mice.
- Make sure that trash bags are sealed tightly and disposed of promptly to prevent mice from scavenging for food.
- Keep your home decluttered and clean to reduce mouse hiding spots. Focus on secluded areas that mice love, such as basements, kitchens, pantries, attics, and garages.
- Use airtight containers in food storage areas to stop mice from invading food packaging.
For more information on mice prevention or to get started eliminating an active mouse infestation around your Idaho Falls home, contact TrueShield Pest Control today.