Wolf Spiders On Your Lehi Property Can Be Dangerous
May 15, 2022 - Spiders
Many of us fear spiders, and for a good reason! Finding spiders of any kind on your property is nerve-wracking, but finding wolf spiders is especially frightening. In fact, one of the most important reasons to invest in professional pest control in Lehi is because of the wolf spider population. If you are unsure of what kind of spider is on your property, read on to learn how to identify these spiders and how TrueShield Pest Control can help your home be free of wolf spiders today.
How To Identify Wolf Spiders
There are many types of spiders that call Lehi home, so it's important to know what you're looking at if you stumble across arachnids on your property. Below are some of the defining characteristics of wolf spiders, which will help you determine whether you have a wolf spider problem on your property or not:
- Size: These types of spiders are much larger than others, which is one of the reasons people are so afraid of them. They typically grow to be ½ to two inches in length.
- Legs: Wolf spiders have eight very long, furry-looking legs. Two of these legs jut out from right under their heads.
- Color: Usually, they are brown or gray for a base color, but they also have various markings or lines patterning their bodies, typically black in color.
- Hair: Unlike other types of spiders, wolf spiders are rather hairy, which is probably their most unique characteristic.
If you are unsure of what kind of spider you have on your property, the best thing to do is call the experts over at TrueSheild Pest Control. A trained technician will help you identify the species and assist with safely removing them.
The Dangers Of Wolf Spiders On Your Property
That classic fear of spiders doesn't just come from myths and legends; it comes from the modern experience of painful bites and potentially deadly venom. While the wolf spider is not often deadly to humans, they are still considered rather dangerous, and you should always seek a professional's help with removing them.
Below are some of the reasons these spiders are so dangerous:
- Painful bites: Because the wolf spider is significantly larger than other types of spiders, their bites are much more painful.
- Swelling: Wolf spider bites tend to swell pretty significantly and will be painful to the touch.
- Itchiness: Another key sign that you were bitten by a wolf spider is if the bite is itchy afterward, as this is a common symptom.
- Allergic reactions: Some people can develop an allergic reaction to wolf spider bites. Some are mild reactions, and others can send victims into anaphylactic shock.
Because wolf spiders are not the only dangerous spiders in Lehi, it is always recommended you seek out a professional's help if any spider is present on your property.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Wolf Spiders
If you're seeing wolf spiders on your property, it's time to partner with the experts at TrueShield Pest Control. Our technicians are highly trained to identify dangerous spiders (such as wolf spiders) and safely remove them from properties without anyone getting bit. Additionally, we offer same-day and emergency services, so if the infestation is severe, we will treat it with the urgency you deserve.
How To Keep Wolf Spiders Away From Your Property
At TrueShield Pest Control, we have been providing professional pest control in Lehi Falls since 2018. However, we have many more years of experience dealing with local pests before the inception of our business. Our goal is to provide you with prompt, professional services combined with open lines of communication so that you are informed of the process every step of the way. Armed with the latest in pest control treatments, our technicians will skillfully remove wolf spiders and the pest pretty they hunt in a safe and effective manner. If these pests are threatening you and your family's safety, give us a call today.