Expert Pest Management Solutions In Highland, UT
Do you know that it is possible to communicate with pests? When insects, spiders, creepy bugs, rodents, and other potential pests come into your yard, you can let them know they're not wanted. An example of this is removing spider webs and wiping down areas where spiders desire to create webs. Doing this sends a message to spiders that your home is not a good place to raise a spider family. That's good news for you.
Today, we're going to discuss a few natural ways you can let pests know that they're not welcome and talk about how Utah County pest control fits into the pest-prevention picture.
Residential Pest Control In Highland, UT
There are conditions that can inspire pest problems. Some are easy to correct. Some are not so easy to correct.
- A stinky trash receptacle can attract pests from a distance. When you deodorize your receptacles periodically, you make them less of an attractant.
- Bird seed scattered on the ground will provide a meal for a wide range of creatures, including mice and rats. If you move bird feeders away from the exterior of your home, you avoid telling these pests that your home is where food is found.
- When you pick up a stack of cardboard, dead branches, and other sources of wood and place them on something termites can chew through, you keep termites from ringing the dinner bell. You may not know this but worker termites recruit other termites when they find food.
- A gap in your weatherstripping or a missing door sweep is an invitation to have pests slip right into your home. Make sure all exterior doors are sealed. You don't want those pests getting the wrong message.
These and other general pest maintenance steps can reduce pest activity and keep pests out of your home. If you want more control than this, TrueShield Pest Control can help.
- We treat the interior of your home to arrest pest activity during your first visit.
- We apply perimeter treatments to create a barrier around your home and reduce pest activity in this key location.
- We treat cracks and crevices in your garage and address any spider webs we find.
- We spot treat your yard, wipe down playsets, and knock down wasp nests.
If you want a pest-free home, it takes layers of protection. There is no better way to get this protection than to get year-round residential service from TrueShield Pest Control.
Commercial Pest Control In Highland, UT
Effective commercial pest control begins with targeted indoor treatments, perimeter pest protection, and spot treatments on the grounds around your business. These establish a foundation on which other control treatments may be applied.
Each industry is unique and commercial customers have specific needs that must be addressed. We customize your treatment plan to give you coverage for the pests that concern you, and the solutions we provide meet all government regulatory standards. You'll always be compliant and ready for audits.
Tips To Avoid Mosquito Dangers In Highland, UT
There are a few ways you can avoid mosquito bites. We'll be upfront with you, they don't work all that great. Female mosquitoes are highly motivated to bite you. These tips may not stop them:
- Put mosquito repellent on your skin or clothing. Use a product that has DEET.
- Use natural repellent if you don't want to use products with chemicals. Oil of lemon eucalyptus works well.
- You may use natural scents, such as lavender. If you do, you need to apply these natural products frequently to maintain protection.
While repellents have some effect, the best way to avoid mosquito bites is to not have mosquitoes around. Makes sense, right? But how do you do this? Aren't mosquitoes everywhere? The reality is that they aren't. It only seems like they are.
When you go outside and mosquitoes immediately start to buzz around you, it is because those mosquitoes live on your property. They don't fly around all day long looking for someone to bite, and with their poor eyesight, they couldn't target you from your neighbor's yard even if they wanted to.
Routine mosquito control treatments provided by a licensed pest management professional is the best way to arrest mosquito activity in your yard and guard against mosquito-borne viruses.
A Step-By-Step Guide To Keeping Ants Out Of Your Highland Home
When you find ants in your home, what do you do? This step-by-step process can help you naturally stop Highland ants:
- Suck the ants up with your vacuum.
- Clean all the areas where you found the ants.
- Remove the food sources the ants were found eating.
- Use a caulking gun to seal your exterior and replace weatherstripping and other protective materials if you find gaps.
- Blow leaves out of your landscaping and out from underneath structures.
- Move stacked wood, dead branches, and other sources of wood away from your exterior.
These steps may be all that is needed. If targeted ant control is required to arrest your infestation, contact TrueShield Pest Control for assistance in Highland. We will evaluate your ant control issue, select appropriate products, and eliminate the colonies that are creating a problem. Connect with us today for immediate assistance.
Recent Blog Articles
September 28, 2023
Bed bugs are annoying home-invading pests. Don't let the bed bugs bite you. Learn effective control solutions for your home.Read More
September 15, 2023
What should you do to keep spiders out of your Riverland home? Discover some popular methods for spider prevention in today’s article.Read More